Lucinda completed her studies at the University of the Witwatersrand, obtaining an LLB in 2014 and completing an LLM, majoring in corporate law, in 2016. In March 2018, Lucinda joined PPM Attorneys as a candidate legal practitioner. Lucinda then completed her practical vocational training at ENSafrica in June 2019 and was subsequently admitted as a legal practitioner of the High Court of South Africa. Lucinda, rejoined PPM Attorneys as an associate in May 2021.
Lucinda holds various certificates in different fields including finance and a postgraduate certificate in Economics for Law.
Lucinda also has a keen interest in education. She completed a teaching certificate in 2015 and spent time teaching in South Korea for a year.
- Lucinda has assisted with the drafting and reviewing of various commercial advisory opinions and various agreements including MOUs, data sharing contracts and settlement agreements;
- She has assisted in litigation matters ranging from contractual debt claims to defamation claims;
- She has assisted in the Personal Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013 compliance programs which includes gap analysis, drafting policies and training;
- Drafting and reviewing of general and commercial agreements for ICT related clients; and
- She has assisted in commercial arbitration proceedings.
Articles and Publications
The Single Economic Entity Doctrine in South African Competition Law and Its Application to Administrative Penalties. (LLM Research Report).
Lawyer V Machine.
Can your employer read your mind.
Data privacy new year’s resolutions to make this year.