Mathando is an associate director at PPM Attorneys. She completed her LLB Degree at the University of the Witwatersrand in 2011. Mathando joined the firm as a candidate attorney in January 2012. She completed her articles of clerkship in June 2014 and was admitted as an Attorney on 18 August 2014.
Mathando was promoted to senior associate in September 2015 and to partner on 1 June 2017.
Mathando specialises in commercial law, technology, media and telecommunications. She also has solid experience in labour and employment law.
Mathando has acted for various companies at the firm and has the following experience:
- Assisting some of South Africa’s biggest production and media companies with respect to their employment related issues. She has assisted them with drafting, reviewing agreements, as well as proving advice on general employment law matters.
- Reviewing and providing legal advice on various infrastructure and procurement projects for one of South Africa’s largest Banks.
- Reviewing and drafting commercial agreements for various local and international telecommunications companies.
- Providing advice on B-BBEE compliance and regulatory issues to various foreign commercial and telecommunications entities.
- Reviewing, drafting and providing advice relating to complex leasing and construction of storage facilities agreements for an international logistics company.
- Drafting, reviewing and providing legal advice on general commercial agreements, employment related agreements, as well as researching and drafting legal opinions on various legal subjects.
- Advising clients on issues relating to the formation and restructuring of companies, as well as general company secretarial work.
- Attending to numerous commercial litigation matters in the High Court and has argued matters at the Magistrates’ Courts.