Yashoda has obtained her LLB Degree at the University of KwaZulu Natal, graduating in 2015. She thereafter attended L.E.A.D’s school for legal practice, where she gained insight on the practical aspects being a successful attorney entails. She joined PPM Attorneys in 2016 to serve her articles. She is currently a first year associate at PPM Attorneys.
Throughout her studies Yashoda has participated in various Street Law and Clinical Law workshops, and is a member of the Black Lawyers Association.
Although her interests lie in various fields of Law, Yashoda intends to study further and obtain her Master’s Degree in Digital Media or Entertainment Law, focusing mainly on Interactive Media.
Yashoda has acted for various companies at the firm and has the following experience:
- Reviewing and providing legal advice on various infrastructure and procurement projects.
- Reviewing commercial agreements for international telecommunication companies.
- Drafting, reviewing and providing legal advice on general commercial agreements, as well as researching and drafting legal opinions on various legal subjects
- Providing assistance on an in-depth forensic investigations
- Trade mark registrations and maintenance at CIPC
- Company secretarial attendances at CIPC
- Attending to licensing renewals at ICASA
Articles and publications