Yashoda Rajoo has obtained her LLB Degree at the University of KwaZulu Natal, graduating in 2015. She thereafter attended L.E.A.D’s school for legal practice, where she gained insight on the practical aspects being a successful attorney entails. She served her articles at PPM Attorneys under the supervision of Lucien Piece, and was admitted as an attorney on 26 April 2018. She is currently an associate at PPM Attorneys.
Throughout her studies Yashoda Rajoo has participated in various Street Law and Clinical Law workshops, and is a member of the Black Lawyers Association.
Although her interests lie in various fields of Law, Yashoda is drawn to the laws around media and advertising. She has also found herself immersed in various corporate and commercial matters where she has gained invaluable experience.
Yashoda’s experience includes:
- Reviewing and providing legal advice on various infrastructure and procurement projects.
- Reviewing and providing advice to advertising agencies in relation to intellectual property and advertising law.
- Reviewing commercial agreements for international telecommunication companies.
- Drafting, reviewing and providing legal advice on general commercial agreements, as well as researching and drafting legal opinions on various legal subjects
- Providing assistance on an in-depth forensic investigations
- Trade mark registrations and maintenance at CIPC
- Company secretarial attendances at CIPC
- Attending to licensing renewals at ICASA
Articles and publications