PPM Attorneys has recognised experience in all aspects of cybercrime and information security law.
Below find examples of projects related to Information Security. We have:
- Drafted a data protection and archiving policy focusing mainly on the protection and archiving of a multi-national mobile phone operator’s customer personal information taking into account South Africa legislation and best practice;
- Considered the Regulation of Interception of Communication and Provision of Communication–Related Information Act, and the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, and advised the client on grounds for the prosecution of persons who took reception of the client’s signals (and therefore programmes) without subscribing;
- Advised a government entity on the implications and regulatory and compliance aspects of a breach personal information. Advised on aspects related to the Protection of Personal Information Act and the Promotion of Access to Information Act;
- Advised a foreign multinational entity on its internal information security policies and whether the complied with equivalent laws in South Africa; and
- Conducted an information security gap analysis for a non-governmental organisation in the health sector: advised on compliance with the Protection of Personal Information Act and confidentiality and information security requirements of relevant legislation.